Before the limit switch box was developed, individual switches were fixed to the top face of an Actuator and the Actuator shaft was fitted with a ‘flag’ arrangement to trigger the switches. Each switch was then back-wired to a Junction Box.
The development of the limit switch box, together with the adoption of the NAMUR mounting standard has seen the switch box product develop exponentially.
The current generation of limit switch boxes mount directly to the Actautor shaft and allow the switches to be terminated internally – replacing the junction box.
There are specifications suitable for all applications from low cost safe area boxes through to 3,000m sub sea – and every sector in between.
Our range of Limit Switch boxes includes the following:
- Safe Area engineered polymer
- Intrinsically Safe
- Explosion Proof
- Stainless steel
- Mechanical switches, Reed switches, GO switches or inductive proximity sensors
- 4-20mA transmitters including HART
- On-board solenoid valves in aluminium and stainless steel
- High temperature boxes for fire dampers
- Low temperature boxes to -60C
- Fieldbus options including Profibus and FF
- Partial stroke facility local and remote
- GOST-R and RTN
- Mounting kit design using CAD